Providing Chip Timing, and you will be guaranteed
the shirt size you
specify during registration!
Join the fun at the 30th Annual Morning Star Rotary
Registration is open on our registration page or by clicking this
Registration will also be available morning of race
starting at 7:00 am
Our goal is to focus
grants on local core community initiatives that will help build a
stronger tomorrow for the Lehigh Valley. This year’s proceeds will
support Victory House and other Morning Star Rotary community grant
recipients. We would be very grateful if you would consider sponsoring
our race or donating a raffle prize. Locally,
we support organizations such as Bike Works, New Bethany Ministries,
Special Olympics, the Bethlehem Public library, several local food banks
and Cops ‘N Kids to name just a few. We supply dictionaries to 3rd
grade students in the BASD, every year.
Be a part of this first class event featuring professional timing and
facilities. Run or walk in the morning and spend the rest of the day
enjoying Historic Downtown Bethlehem or at the
EVENT: 5K (3.1 Mile) Run / Walk
WHEN: Sunday, September 25 2022
6:30AM Registration / Race Packet Pickup
9AM Race Begins
10AM Awards Ceremony and Raffle Prize Giveaway
WHERE: Celtic Classic Fairgrounds Bethlehem, PA
• T-shirts to at least the first 200 entrants
• Refreshments both before and after race
• Raffle drawings for merchandise, hotel stays, etc.
• Post race fun in Bethlehem – choose to spend the day at Celtic
Fest, or shop in Historic
• Restrooms available near start / finish line for all
• The major benefactor of "Run with Rotary" will
be Victory House and other Morning Star charitable
HISTORY OF THE MORNING STAR ROTARY 5K:
• The Bethlehem Morning Star Rotary Club started its “Run with
Rotary” in 1991.
• From the very beginning, Bethlehem Special Olympics has always
been a major
benefactor of the race proceeds.
• For the first nine years, the race was run in the Lehigh Valley
Industrial Park on
Labor Day weekend.
• The Bethlehem Morning Star Rotary Club approached the Celtic
Cultural Alliance in
2000 with the idea of running the 5K run on the weekend of the
• In 2000, Morning Star Rotary moved the race venue to Sand Island.
The course went
thorough Southside Bethlehem and Historic Bethlehem.
• In 2005, the start /finish line was moved to the intersection of
Main Street and Lehigh
Street the Highland Games area and part of the race ran
through the Celtic Classic
• In 2006 and 2007, the start – finish line was moved onto the
grounds of the Celtic
Classic underneath the Broad Street Bridge.
• In 2008, because of logistical concerns associated with
coordinating the race on the
Celtic Classic grounds and the need to quickly vacate the
area for setup on other Celtic
Classic events, Morning Star Rotary worked with the City of
Bethlehem to create a
new race route and start/finish/registration area. With this new
configuration, the race
organizers will be able to better meet the needs for:
o race day registration,
race bag pickup, pre-race activities for 700+ runners
o room for families and
o space for food and
drink tables, first aid, and sponsor tents
• After 3 successful seasons in the south side, 2012 brings us
back to the Celtic Highland
Grounds, with a new course and one that we hope works so
well, that it will become the
• Count on coming back
year after year. Morning Star Rotary plans to maintain the race day
during the Celtic Classic each year so that participants can enjoy all the
fun to be had at the Celtic Fest and in Historic Bethlehem. They
are all within easy walking distance of the 5K start / finish area.
NO parking will
be provided on the grassy areas in the Historic Area
This is due to Bethlehem
Parking Authority rules.
All Parking must be on the streets (please watch for
no parking signs)
and in the Parking Garages.