PARKING UPDATE: NO parking will
be provided on the grassy areas in the Historic Area this year as it has
been in the past.
This is due to new Bethlehem
Parking Authority rules.
All Parking must be on the streets (please watch for
no parking signs)
and in the Parking Garages.
Providing Chip Timing, and you will be guaranteed
the shirt size you
specify during registration!
Join the fun at the 28th Annual Morning Star Rotary
Registration is open on our registration page or by clicking this
Registration will also be available morning of race
starting at 7:30 am
Be a part of this first class event featuring professional timing and
facilities. Run or walk in the morning and spend the rest of the day
enjoying Historic Downtown Bethlehem or at the
EVENT: 5K (3.1 Mile) Run / Walk
WHEN: Saturday, September 29 2018
7:30AM Registration / Race Packet Pickup
9AM Race Begins
10AM Awards Ceremony and Raffle Prize Giveaway
WHERE: Celtic Classic Fairgrounds Bethlehem, PA
• T-shirts to at least the first 500 entrants
• Refreshments both before and after race
• Raffle drawings for merchandise, hotel stays, etc.
• Post race fun in Bethlehem – choose to spend the day at Celtic
Fest, or shop in Historic
• Restrooms available near start / finish line for all
• The major benefactor of "Run with Rotary" is Celtic Cultural
Alliance and other charitable
HISTORY OF THE MORNING STAR ROTARY 5K:
• The Bethlehem Morning Star Rotary Club started its “Run with
Rotary” in 1991.
• From the very beginning, Bethlehem Special Olympics has always
been a major
benefactor of the race proceeds.
• For the first nine years, the race was run in the Lehigh Valley
Industrial Park on
Labor Day weekend.
• The Bethlehem Morning Star Rotary Club approached the Celtic
Cultural Alliance in
2000 with the idea of running the 5K run on the weekend of the
• In 2000, Morning Star Rotary moved the race venue to Sand Island.
The course went
thorough Southside Bethlehem and Historic Bethlehem.
• In 2005, the start /finish line was moved to the intersection of
Main Street and Lehigh
Street the Highland Games area and part of the race ran
through the Celtic Classic
• In 2006 and 2007, the start – finish line was moved onto the
grounds of the Celtic
Classic underneath the Broad Street Bridge.
• In 2008, because of logistical concerns associated with
coordinating the race on the
Celtic Classic grounds and the need to quickly vacate the
area for setup on other Celtic
Classic events, Morning Star Rotary worked with the City of
Bethlehem to create a
new race route and start/finish/registration area. With this new
configuration, the race
organizers will be able to better meet the needs for:
o race day registration,
race bag pickup, pre-race activities for 700+ runners
o room for families and
o space for food and
drink tables, first aid, and sponsor tents
• After 3 successful seasons in the south side, 2012 brings us
back to the Celtic Highland
Grounds, with a new course and one that we hope works so
well, that it will become the
• Always on the LAST SATURDAY IN SEPTEMBER – Count on coming back
after year. Morning Star Rotary plans to maintain the race day
as the last Saturday in
September each year so that participants can enjoy all the
fun to be had at the Celtic Fest
and in Historic Bethlehem. They
are all within easy walking distance of the 5K
start / finish area.